July 1, 2012

Finally used my sewing machine

So I finally took my new sewing machine out of the box after having it for a little while. My first project was to make a baby blanket for Tori. I bought some cute and soft fabric a while back. I was a little nervous to make the blanket as it's been a while since I last sewed something and I had never used my new machine before. I was able to set up the machine petty quickly and easily. Making the blanket also didn't take as much time as I thought. The most tedious part was pinning the fabric together and pinning the seams. Once the sewing started I was on a roll. This was the first blanket I've ever made and I have to say that I'm pretty proud of myself. It's not perfect by any means but I know I'll get better with practice. I plan on making as much stuff for baby T as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment