July 5, 2012

...and the sewing continues!!!

Now that I've gotten the hang of my new sewing machine, I want to use it all the time.  Scott and I both had the 4th of July off from work so I took the opportunity to make a couple more things for the baby.  Her crib came with a change table but we haven't been able to find a cover that fits the pad properly.  Well, I solved that problem by making a change pad cover myself.  I didn't have a pattern so kind of winged it.  On my first attempt I made the cover too narrow so that the pad wouldn't fit in.  After ripping out the stitching I made a second attempt and got it right...yay!  The cover isn't perfect but it'll work.  I'll probably make a couple extras for when this one gets dirty, which I imagine will happen quite often.  I also tied a blanket earlier in the week.  I've now successfully made two blankets for baby T.  What will be next on my to do list?? 

1 comment:

  1. Who knew that learning how to sew some summer sundresses would lead to this capability!! A hidden talent!

    ReplyDelete